Saturday, November 19, 2011

Welcome Kira!

So Kira was due on Nov. 28... At my OB visit on Nov 18 (1pm), the doc decided my blood pressure was too high (it had been slowly rising over the past few weeks), and had me go to L&D...




This was me at 2:30pm, after getting admitted into L&D... I guess it was a good thing we had put the labor bag in the truck before the dr's visit...

They got me started on Cytotec... and then changed to Pitocin after 2 doses...


and this is where Brock got to sleep that night...

Here's the board the next morning (19th):

By 10:30pm, I had progressed to a "9", then regressed to a "7", and the doctor said I had to have a C-section... boo... Here's Brock in operating room gear:





...and at 10:59pm, Kira was born via C-section.
Here she is getting cleaned up by the nurse (~1:30am, 11/20)

...and finally with mommy at 2am:










Kira Elizabeth Hammond

11/19/2011
10:59 pm

8 lbs, 3 oz

18.75"

No comments:

Post a Comment